Wednesday, May 07, 2008

The English Pub-style bar




The basement bar and rec room area is one of the most startling areas of the home. It has red-orange linoleum floor tiles, a padded lime-green bar, with dark wood accents and an orange laminate countertop, and the rustic dark wood paneling and beams so popular in the 1970s. The ceiling is popcorn (with sparkles!), the walls textured plaster, and the lighting, um, most peculiar. Colleen and I counted light fixtures in the basement when she came to visit. I stopped at 40, although I think I missed a few.

Avinash and I painted the dark wood in the bar area with Kilz primer and then a taupe paint. It looks much less cave-like, now. "After" photos to follow, when I get the area tidied up enough to photograph.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home