Wednesday, May 07, 2008

The Harvest gold room





I next tackled the harvest gold half-bath. It had a stringy-textured kind of wallpaper, which was frayed to the point of dangling strings over the lavatory sink and across from the toilet. Again, the fixtures should be replaced at some point, but it's not a priority right now. I pulled off the stringy brown, green, and gold paper. I tried to find a wall color to complement the rather sickly-greenish harvest-gold toliet and sink. I settled on a delft blue, but I'm not sure that I'm going to stick with it. The blue is a bit startling. Perhaps a blue and white border would help. It does certainly distract you from the yellow, though.

Future projects include replacement of the vinyl floor tiles (blue and yellow), the tulip shades and tarnished faucet, and possibly the gold and yellow speckled tile sink top. Also, the cabinet door handles, which are the same as in the other bathroom.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home