Friday, April 13, 2007

Fresh wallpaper



I am on a quest to complete de-countrification in the house, which had a surfeit of "country" style decor from the previous owner. The first items to go were the lace duck valances in the kitchen, which didn't make it past the first year. The slate-blue pillow-ticking and grosgrain ribbon valances, topped with little house motifs, in the TV room were next. The poufy balloon valences have been slowly phased out, although the stenciled hearts and cats still remain in the foyer. I don't have any matching *pink* paint to cover them up, so I'll have to repaint the entire foyer when I work on that area. Probably not pink.

I've put off the wallcoverings until last because the previous owners did such an immaculate job of wallpapering. I've gotten very tired of looking at the dreary slate- blue radish + carrot themed wallpaper in the breakfast nook, and it's a small space to work on, so I got some closeout yellow botanical print paper and I've started hanging that. It's not as perfect a job as the previous owners, but it's still an improvement. I plan to paint the area under the chair rail the butter color I have in the kitchen, to brighten the room and lend continuity to the space. I might get some coving for the ceiling if I can find some at a reasonable price, to finish it off. I'll use the same paper to re-do the downstairs bathroom, in the same dreary slate-blue color with a gingham print.

Here's the before and after photos.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home