Friday, March 30, 2007

What's on the table...





Here is what Avinash and I worked on this afternoon in the kitchen.

Pictured:

No-knead whole wheat bread with sesame crust, paneer jalfrezi, rotis, mixed dal, and frosted sugar cookies.

Not pictured: I had some Italian breadcrumb-encrusted baked tilapia with lemon (very bland; I need to get some better recipes for this fish) and steamed pork and vegetable potstickers (better, but needed more pepper).

The cookies turned out very well. These have a spring theme, with a ground of grass-green frosting and pastel colored sprinkles. The bread was not too bad, but it had a rather leathery crust and not quite enough salt. Perhaps the texture problem is just because I ate the heel. I'll use the rest of the bread for sandwiches and toast. Next time, I think I will decrease the amount of water to about 80% and increase the salt to 2 & 1/4 tsp.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home