Sunday, April 08, 2007

Lockdown in Sector 6

This is a gripe (be forewarned).

GMail locked me out of my mail today while I was trying to open up a photo from my mother. I clicked on "view" and I got a screen which said "Lockdown in Sector 6 - your account has been locked due to "suspicious activity". In google's definition, that would be sending more than 500 emails a day, opening up gmail "multiple times" (I normally open it up many times every day, to check and see if there are any messages regarding ebay postings, letters from family, dealnews alerts, etc), or other egregious problems. Since I think I have sent two emails today, I hardly think I am over the limit.

I reset my google password, cleared my cache and cookies, and got back into my mail. Hopefully that will take care of the problem. I sure don't want to go back to hotmail or yahoo mail.

I purchased a 15" X2Gen LCD monitor for the new kitchen PC from eCost (I saved $10 by using Google checkout - I wonder if that was the problem - or if it's the new Google signon at blogspot?). It has a $40 rebate, which (besides the usual rigamarole), requires a self-addressed, stamped envelope, a receipt and not an email purchase confirmation, writing in Black Ink Only, all caps, signature, yada, yada. They want it sent in within 14 days. I'll probably receive the product in about 12 days, so that's a pretty fast turnaround. Of course, they won't get me my rebate that fast (allow 10-12 weeks for processing). Grump, grump...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home