Sunday, June 24, 2007

Paint scraping


In preparation for re-roofing, I'm scraping the house and painting all the trim (much easier to have a few paint droplets on the old roof shingles, than on the new ones). I'm getting rid of the awful "brindle brown" trim and replacing it with a stone gray color on the shutters and window trim. Much of the exterior woodwork is badly deteriorated, and I find myself caulking lots of details around the windows. This stone color will hopefully coordinate with our new grayish color roof, whenever we settle on a roofing company. I've never liked the brown roof we currently have, which was selected by the previous owners.

This project necessitates balancing on the rather bouncy tall ladder and doing a lot of hot and sticky work. Avinash has a height problem, as well as a time problem, and is somewhat tall-ladder impaired (as far as moving the ladder), so I'm doing it all. Evidently all my years of helping Mom and Dad with painting the houses was useful experience. This photo is some of the ongoing work on the balcony in the back of the house. I'm busy doing the front and hope to have some "after" photos soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home