Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Visit to Suki



Mom and Dad went off to Milwaukee today to catch a Brewers game with a tour group of friends. They've never seen the new stadium, nor have they seen a professional baseball game since before they got married in 1965, so they took the opportunity to go. It's a beautiful day, mid to upper 80s, so it couldn't be better timing.

I went to Baraboo to check on Suki mid-day, since she was going to be left outside for 12 hours under her tree. She was dozing when I arrived. I took her inside, and she spent some time in the closet and said Hi to Darwin. Then Darwin and I went outside, where I had my lunch (take-out Chinese: Governor's Chicken, with peanuts) at the picnic table in the yard. Then I took Suki for a small walk (she wasn't much in the mood), before tying her back under her tree.

Here is Suki enjoying the fine day outside. As usual, it is difficult to get her to pose for the camera.

It's almost time for supper. On the menu this evening (for me, anyway):

Carr Valley "Gran Canaria" cheese and wheat thins
grilled "rotisserie-style" turkey tenderloin
potato torta - I made this for the first time yesterday. It turned out quite well.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home