Saturday, August 11, 2007

Bathroom re-do





I spent the day stripping the teal and pink floral lattice wallpaper from the bathroom walls. It was a sultry day with the temps in the 90s, and since we are conserving energy by not running the a/c unless absolutely necessary, I got pretty steamed up. The vinyl wallpaper comes off easily, but the paper backing requires a lot of brute labor to remove. Nevertheless, I am glad to see the last of this paper. It wasn't horrible, but it's just not what I would have selected. At least the previous owners of the house had done something about the original builder's color palette in the bathroom, which was a Barbie pink - even inside the linen closet and on the ceiling.

I had bought some "green twig" pain to redo the bathroom, but after applying one wall, I realize that it looked much more nauseating yellow-green than I had imagined. I decided to cut my losses and freecycle the green paint. I went down into the basement and found some lemon-chiffon colored paint I had doctored up from the previous owner's stock (I made the color more intense with some bright yellow paint I had), because it was a very watered down, wishy-washy yellow. There was almost a gallon of the stuff, so there was plenty available to do the bathroom.

Here is the end result. I will have to do something with the window covering and find a small bathroom rug to match.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home