Sunday, May 28, 2006

Khana on Devon Avenue


We found a wonderful place on Devon Avenue that has excellent vegetarian food at unbelievable prices. There was one vegetarian place on Devon Ave. that we'd never tried before - Annapurna. Surprisingly, this was a Gujarati restaurant, and not a south Indian one as I had expected. We had samosas, vegetarian thali (myself), masala dosa (Linda), cham-cham (myself) and meetha pan (guess who) for under $15! OK the plates were styrofoam and the spoons were plastic and the toilet was no cleaner than a KSRTC bus stand toilet, but I didn't really care. The khana was excellent. Now, back in our hotel room, I am wondering why we didn't try this place before. I will go back to Annapurna the next time I'm in Chicago. Bilkul.
Here's a view of the Annapurna restaurant and menu, including typical Indian signage, hordes of people, crooked-finger pointing, and turquoise-blue walls! (Click on the photo for a larger view of the menu)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home