Saturday, September 23, 2006

Apple season



It's the annual apple harvest and so that means apple pie season. So far I've made 3 pies this week, and today Dad brought over 2 buckets of apples from Ski Hi, courtesy of Katya-Kate's labors (they were windfalls). I gave him one of the pies (he loooves apple pie) and instructed him to give some to Katya-Kate also. The apples are mostly Cortland and McIntosh, I think. They should be good for both cooking and eating. Here's a picture of a "Siamese apple" and a few more from the bunch.

Today was a rainy and dreary day, so I took the opportunity to cook. I had bought a pumpkin for $1 at the grocery store, and I used half of it for pumpkin sambar, and I made a pumpkin pie with some more. There is still almost half a pumpkin left. If the pie turns out well, I'll make some more. It's hard to beat the price, per pound. I'll save some of the seeds and plant them next year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home