Thursday, August 31, 2006

Washington Island, Ho!

Tomorrow morning we leave for Washington Island, off of Door County. Today I spent most of the day running errands in preparation for our trip. I went to Baraboo and bought a tent at the end of season clearance at Farm and Fleet because mom and dad's tent has a broken shock cord and bent pegs. I went to Aldi to get some groceries - some foods that could be made on a fire.

When I got home, I noticed our Smokey Joe grill had developed a hole in it. I went to the hardware store to buy a small tabletop grill and lighter fluid.

We were going to take the bicycles along, but I strapped the bicycle carrier on the car and discovered that it scratched the paint on the car. It remains to be seen if we can figure out a way to bring the bikes without damaging the car. It would be nice to use the bicycles and bike rack for their intended purpose at least once a year.

I packed the car up with supplies and gear and firewood and hopefully tomorrow we'll be able to make an early start of it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home